If your student is new to the Benton County School System, please begin the enrollment process online using the PARENTVUE app.
A birth certificate or other proof of date of birth
State law requires that a copy of a student’s state-issued birth certificate be in the cumulative folder. Schools can accept other proof of date of birth for registration, but the parent/guardian needs to provide a copy of the child’s state-issued birth certificate.
A complete medical exam is required for all Pre-K enrollees. Evidence of a completed exam can be presented upon registration. A medical exam is recommended for all students in grades K-12 at the time of registration. See the Health Services page for more information.
Proof of Custody (if applicable)
Two (2) Proofs of Residence:
- Mortgage Verification (with name and address)
- Tax Receipt (property taxes or personal property taxes)
- Current Rental Agreement (naming tenants)
- State/Federal Records (Federal Tax, Soc. Sec, Child Assistance Records)
- Utility Bills (electric, gas, water/sewer, landline phone, waste disposal)
- Current Car Insurance or Vehicle Registration (with name and address)
- Internet, Cable, Satellite (with name and address)
- Employment Records (with name and address)
- Government Issued Photo ID (with name and address)
Power of Attorney For Care of a Minor Child form (required in certain circumstances)
According to the State Department of Education, children entering kindergarten shall be five (5) years of age on or before August 15 of the current school year. Tennessee State Law also requires that a student going into the first grade must show proof of attendance in an accredited kindergarten program.
For questions regarding the registration process, contact our Central Office at 731.584.6111.