Brief History of Camden Junior High School
Camden Junior High School (CJH) is located at 75 Schools Drive in Camden, Tennessee. The school was originally built in 1958 and originally served as Camden Central High School. The current CJH opened in the fall of 1999 and consists of approximately 61,000 square feet (55,000 in the main building and 6,000 in the academic center.) There are nineteen academic classrooms, two science laboratories, and two computer laboratories. Additional rooms include a library/media center, gymnasium, cafeteria, and administrative offices. The adjacent academic center, built in 1981, houses three additional CJH classrooms, along with two science laboratories used by Camden Central High School.
Michelle Leonard has been principal at CJH since the 2002/2003 school year. Barry Barnett took over as assistant principal during the 2006/2007 school year.
The staff consists of thirty-one faculty members (seven men and twenty-four women). Advanced degrees are held by 58.6% of the faculty and every teacher is highly qualified as defined by federal guidelines and endorsed by the state in his or her subject area and grade level.
Camden Junior High School also has twenty-three staff members which consist of a school secretary, a clerical assistant, four regular education paraprofessional, three special education paraprofessionals, a cafeteria manager and seven cafeteria staff.